Friday, February 19, 2010

two lost sparrows

unnoticed

The rain became a cold mist that hung over the stubborn field,
while the grass at my feet, trampled by the crowd, got muddy.

The wet of the canvas shoes reached my toes, and I wished to sit,
but then in your dirty jeans and damp hair you came out, yes.

You were leaning forward, swaying and singing andy warhol,
strange and beautiful like dying leaves, yes, like wasting away.

Unnoticed, the hard october wind arrived and blew upon you,
sweet ruddy skin and bare feet, and me, shaking in the cold fall.


sweet december snow fell

sweet december snow fell baby
down white feathers (falling)
asleep in soft arms (sighing)
in black branches (waiting)
in the laneway
for my ride.

three or four landing on your
hair (soft bangs), forgetting
I brushed them away
with my fingers (gently)
falling in your eyes
dark amber glass
and fire.

No comments: